This week Konami announced the development of four iPhone games in the latest edition of Famitsu. Today, 1UP and IGN received some more information on probably the best game of the four Konami games for iPhone, namely Metal Gear Solid Touch. Fans of the series will probably be disappointed to hear that the game is actually a more simple less stealthy version of Metal Gear Solid. The developers wanted to create a quick touch-screen controlled shooting game that can be played on the train. Simply by tapping on the screen you’ll be able to shoot down an enemy. By developing this popular title, Kojima Productions wants to explore iPhone gamedevelopment to see what’s possible for the future.
- App Store
- Development Tools
- Game Center
- iPod Nano
- Site Updates
- September 2013
- October 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- September 2010
- August 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- July 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
Mobile developer Gamevil has released its iPhone and iPod Touch game Baseball Superstars 2009 in the App Store for $4.99. The arcade-style look and feel of the game have been updated, and the game’s controls offer a lot of new stuff. The multi-touch controls are said to be very easy and accessible for all players. The game includes four stadiums, ten teams and five game modes including a character customization mode.
Rolando, a game developed by Ngmoco, is a game that we’ve been looking forward to for the last couple of months, and now it’s finally available for iPhone and iPod Touch. For just $9.99 you get probably one of the best mobile games ever on your iPhone or iPod Touch. For more info on this great game, use our site’s search function or check out the Rolando site.
- Interactive Environments: Manipulate more than a dozen gizmos, including lifts, catapults and bomb dispensers
- Fun with Physics: Rolandos can bounce on trampolines, push blocks and nudge bombs and sleeping Rolandos
- Rich, Intuitive Controls: Use Tilt and Multi-touch to guide the Rolandos and manipulate their world
- Signature Art Style: Visuals by pop-culture illustrator Mikko Walamies and music by renowned break-beat artist Mr. Scruff
- iSave and iTunes compatible: Progress is saved and restored automatically when play is stopped or interrupted
- Global Leader Boards: Compare scores and Achievements with other players online
Epic Adventure: Four unique worlds and 36 engaging levels
Realtech Iron Fist Boxing is the first iPhone and iPod Touch game developed by Realtech VR. This 3D realtime arcade game brings unique fighting styles including muey thai and kick boxing along with sixteen different characters to your iPhone or iPod Touch. The game contains three camera views, high quality music by Karybe and Scylla and crowd sound effects. Read the rest of this entry »
Tomorrow, Rolando will be launched into the App Store for iPhone and iPod Touch. This game, developed by HandCircus and published by Ngmoco, contains 36 levels filled with colorful but dangerous enemies. You can manipulate the levels by rotating, sliding, dragging, pressing buttons and so on. In some of the bonus levels you will be able to rotate the level just by using the accelerometer.
HydroTilt, a game developed by Publisher X, is now available in the App Store for $2.99. The game is controlled by tilting the iPhone or iPod Touch and lets the player guide a droplet of water through 30 colorful levels. Your droplet of water can be frozen, heated until vapor is formed or it can change into other forms. It looks like Mercury Meltdown Revolution and seems to be offering a lot of new features compared to other ball-rolling games. Get it now, because on January 5th it will cost $4.99!
Earlier today we reported that scans taken from Famitsu indicate that Konami is working on a Metal Gear Solid game for iPhone, and now Konami has officially announced the development of the game with an official press release. But there’s more, Konami has also announced the development of Frogger, DanceDanceRevolution S Lite and Silent Hill: The Escape for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Metal Gear Solid Touch
The upcoming topgame is off course Metal Gear Solid Touch, a game that brings the characters and world of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots to iPhone. As expected, the game will use the iPhone’s touchscreen controls for targetting and the zoom mode control of the game. The game will contain eight levels when it launches, but Kojima Productions will update the game with more content in the future. Players will unlock wallpapers and other cool collectables by playing the game.
The game is expected to come out Spring 2009.
Frogger is already available in some regions, but Konami is planning to release this arcade jumper in North America, Europe and Japan later this month. In Frogger, the player moves a frog 360 derges to make him cross roads and rivers while trying to avoid obstacles.
Silent Hill: The Escape
Silent Hill is a very popular survival horror series. Silent Hill: The Escape is a first person 3D shooter that will use the iPhone’s accelerometer and touchscreen controls. Non-gamers may also know this franchise from the motion-picture Silent Hill.
The game is expected to come out later this month.
Silent Hill and Frogger
DanceDanceRevolution S Lite
Dance Dance Revolution is a very popular rhythm and dance game, it was one of the very first active video games on the market and has inspired many other game developers. DanceDanceRevolution S Lite is the iPhone version of this game in which players need to tap the arrow icons that appear at the bottom of the screen on the rhythm of the music.
The game is expected to come out later this month.
The announcement of these four new titles is a huge thing for iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Konami is a well-known company in the game industry and has some very popular franchises and talented developers. We hope that this is just the beginning of something big.
Konami launched an official iPhone and iPod Touch gaming site, but it’s currently only available in Japanese.
A few weeks ago, Konami placed a flash teaser on the Kojima Productions website. Back then people thought that the new Metal Gear Solid game would be an exclusive for Xbox 360 or Wii, but now a scan of the latest Famitsu edition shows that Hideo Kojima’s new Metal Gear Solid game is heading to iPhone. From the scans we can tellt hat the game will look similar to Metal Gear Solid 4 with touchscreen controls. The Metal Gear franchise is very popular on video game systems, so this could be another title that will make iPhone gaming something huge. We currently don’t have any extra information on this promising title.
Do you remember the golden age of video arcades? They were dark, smelly places where spotty teenage boys would crowd around the latest cabinets as loud music, bright neon and happy smiles filled the room. Alas it seems that the video arcade is a dying institution now as home consoles provide just as much power and gaming with your mates means playing someone online that could well be on the other side of the world! In those days games seemed somewhat purer, simpler, more honest, straightforward and immediate. They were also usually very hard. Read the rest of this entry »
Today IUGO has released the third and final episode of Toy Bot Diaries, a puzzle platformer that gives you control over Toy Bot. This cute little robot has a magnetic grappling hook and magnetic boots that give him the power to get past all possible obstacles. In his third adventure, Toy Bot goes to space and explores colorful levels to regain his memories. The first two parts of the game were very amusing and received high reviews. The game is now available for $3.99 in the App Store.
- Get Ready for the New iPhone 5S/5C, Trade In Your Old iPhone
- Up In the mix: PlayStation and mobile gaming
- Gaming, Social Media and the Cloud
- Top 5 iPhone Puzzle Games
- Shining, Shimmering, Splendid: iPad 3′s Retina Display Dazzles
- real estate blog: Earlier this year, property market
- how to get pregnant at 45: I do not even know
- ps3 network card: I’m not that much of
- シャネル 化粧品: 「孟孟はこれをママする。「スピーカーは母親チェンWenyaoむしろだった。 Ningmeng孟は程文瑶の横に座って、シャネル ccクリームグーグー·チェンと一緒に白は李の母親は彼女のそばに座って迎えられました。 "まあ、"区秀彼は、咳払いをした話をした最初の「ああ孟孟朝の事は、本がああ屋、プラダ 財布 メンズ屋は予約孟孟上だから私の妹の娘、私たちは二つで、今日、ある私に言った。朝の事は、私は個人的に私達が、人間として、この若者たちの愛、エアマックス2014結婚式のための責任を取るべきだと感じて審議を行うために！市長はむしろ知らない、あなたの意見は何ですか？ " 私はアラブの朝の男だが、「非常に、理解して、私は私たちの家族孟孟のビジョン、グッチ
- gucci バック: もともと、私たちは時に、私と一緒に再生するために、Hはとても一日だけ、が、ためにそのブレーク前にトラブルが、再生するために多くの場所に私が帰ってくるつもりだ最後の会議に私を取ると言われ、シャネル チークヨーロッパに行く婚前を持っていましたが、H 1日は2つのフルリクライニングの場所を走った。彼はまた、私はまだ私と一緒に昼食を食べることを恐れて西に慣れていないんだけど、モンクレール レディース夕食のために最も有名な地元のレストランに連れて行ってくれました。しばらくモールが、私はこれを買ってどうかを尋ね、それを買う。しかし、春祭りの前に、彼はプレーしないように私に尋ねた、私はしないでくださいと述べ、実際には、長い時間がないを参照してくださいするために、私は考えないので、すべての私の考えは彼にあり、ugg ムートンブーツどこに私のためにプレーするかが重要ではありません。しかし、私は彼が私を取るために提供される再生できる場合、私は非常に幸せになり、離れてテイト。しかし、彼はそれらがすべて、毎日家に、私は言及しなかったが、言及しなかった。それから私は買い物に行くために200キロ近くの都市に行きたい、彼はノー運転免許証が運転することを敢えてしていないと述べた、プラダ私はそれを前に開いていないことが多い彼に尋ねた？彼は私の前を追求し、また価値があるいくつかのリスクを取っていると述べた。しかし、彼はまた、多くの場合、クラビングに行く夜に一緒に遊びに国内の女性の同僚の単位のいくつかにそれらを取る歓楽街に行くが、私はこれらの日に行くことを、彼が行くように私に述べたことはありません、私はなぜ彼に尋ねた私に言っていた彼は結婚している、ugg